Register now for the 2019 LIEN annual conference, "Affordable Energy: Are We There Yet?", which will be held in Toronto!
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Chestnut Residence & Conference Centre, Terrace Room (3rd floor), 89 Chestnut Street
Let’s come together to take stock of current energy assistance programs and ensure that they meet the needs of low-income consumers in a manner that is equitable, sustainable, and holistic.
Join us at the LIEN annual conference to find out about:
• The current status of energy assistance programs in the province
• The role you and your organization can play in promoting and preserving current programs
• Free energy conservation and efficiency retrofit programs that help lower electricity and gas bills
• Financial assistance programs that help pay for electricity and gas bills on an ongoing or emergency basis
We hope that the conference results in new and increased collaboration, new approaches, and improved practices across the province.
This event is open to anyone with an interest in reducing energy poverty in Ontario, including:
• Community legal clinic staff
• Social service agencies
• Frontline service providers
• Affordable housing advocates
• Anti-poverty groups
• Utility representatives
• Government decision-makers
There is no registration fee for this conference and lunch will be provided, but we ask that you register as soon as possible so that we can order the right amount of food. Space is limited. Preference will be given to those who register by May 6, 2019.
The draft agenda is will be posted soon.