Register now for the 2018 LIEN annual conference, "Ensuring Universal Access to Energy", which will be held in Toronto!
Date: Friday, May 4, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: 63 Gould Street, Oakham House, Ryerson University, Thomas Lounge (ground floor)
Let’s come together to share solutions, common challenges, and to celebrate our successes in helping low-income consumers meet their home energy needs.
Do you know what the Fair Hydro Plan is? Are you overwhelmed by the acronyms? Do you want to know what OESP, LEAP EFA, HAP, and CHPI stand for and how they may be able to assist you or your client to meet their energy needs?
Come to the LIEN annual conference to find out:
• Why electricity prices are rising
• Where to obtain information on free energy conservation and efficiency retrofit programs to help you lower your electricity and gas bills
• How to apply for financial assistance to help you pay for your electricity and gas bills
• Energy as an aspect of the right to housing
Leave with an enhanced awareness and understanding of existing energy assistance and conservation programs.
We hope that the conference results in new and increased collaboration, new approaches, and improved practices across the province.
This event is open to anyone with an interest in reducing energy poverty in Ontario, including:
• Community legal clinic staff
• Social service agencies
• Frontline service providers
• Low-income advocates
• Anti-poverty groups
• Utility representatives
• Government decision-makers
There is no registration fee for this conference and lunch will be provided, but we ask that you register as soon as possible so that we can order the right amount of food. Space is limited. Preference will be given to those who register by April 29, 2018.