Tuesday, March 1st, 2005
LIEN Annual Conference 2005 – Toronto
The Low Income Energy Network was pleased to host the Fighting Poverty and Pollution Conference in Toronto on April 7, 2005.
This was a gathering for anti-poverty, affordable housing and environmental advocates in Ontario to share experiences and develop an action agenda on low-income energy issues such as:
- Rising energy prices and housing affordability;
- What the new electricity legislation means for the environment and affordability;
- Reducing bills and pollution through energy conservation programs for low-income housing;
- Smart meters, sub-metering, and how the new Tenant Protection Act deals with energy issues;
- How to work with your local utility; and
- Where should our energy come from in the future?; and
- What should be the priorities for LIEN’s activities in 2005 – 2006?
For background information and copies of presentations made at the conference, please refer to the documents posted below.